A financial plan is created by the Global Administrator for all entities within the company.
After creating a financial plan, various editing possibilities are there.
This chapter describes how to create and edit a financial plan.
7.1 Create a financial plan
From the Home screen, the Global Administrator is able to create a new Financial Plan by clicking on the Create Plan button. A slide-in appears in which the Global Administrator defines a number of characteristics for the plan (see picture below).
- Name: this name is shown on all screens and reports.
- The start month and the end month.
- The link with the underlying source system, including the relevant publication report.
- Home page notification: a notification to all users on the homepage related to this Financial Plan. Typically used for informing users about deadlines related to the plan.
When Reaforce is used as the source system, the link should be defined between the Financial Plan and the relevant Reaforce projects. This is done by selecting the appropriate publication categories and publications per project type (Land projects, Construction projects and/or Building projects).
Under the publication categories a choice can be made for:
- N/A: no Reaforce project for this project type will be made available for import.
- Period report or Phase Report: this is the publication category that will be made available for import for this project type, after which a specific publication will be selected from the picklist.
For construction projects there are no Phase reports available.
Under the import preferences, you can optionally select the following by ticking the checkboxes:
- Allow users to select other publications when importing. Here, one can also decide to allow Free Publications or not. When opted for this, users are allowed to choose an alternative category and/or publication when they are in the source data Reaforce screen.
- If the selected publications are not available, use the most recent. When opted for this, the system automatically selects the most recent publication from the selected category if the pre-defined publication is not available.
A created financial plan has the Status Open.
Example - Screen: Create a Financial Plan
A Financial Plan with the Status Open can be edited, copied and deleted.
7.2 Edit a financial plan
It is possible to edit a Financial Plan by clicking on the start screen on the three dots in the relevant line of the Financial Plan and then selecting Edit plan (see picture below).
The editing is limited to changing the name, start and end date.
Example - Screen: Edit a Financial Plan
7.3 Copy a financial plan
It is possible to copy a Financial Plan by clicking on the start screen on the three dots behind the Status in the relevant line of the Financial Plan and then selecting Copy plan (see picture below).
This makes an exact copy of the existing plan including imported projects, templates, manually entered amounts and workflow statuses.
Example - Screen: Copy a Financial Plan
7.4 Delete a financial plan
It is possible to delete a financial plan by clicking on the start screen on the three dots behind the Status in the relevant line of the Financial Plan and then selecting Delete plan (see picture below).
This permanently deletes the existing plan including imported projects, templates, manually entered amounts and workflow statuses.
Example - Screen: Delete a Financial Plan